[Pgi-wg] [gridshib-user] comments regarding a VOMS-SAML token--ANY plan to make VOMS SAML assertion be compatible with WS-Security SAML Token profile?

Duane Merrill dgm4d at virginia.edu
Mon Mar 30 23:25:41 CDT 2009

> Unless I'm missing something, this spec misses the important use case
> where a holder-of-key SAML token is carried in a proxy certificate
> (completely analogous to the typical VOMS AC case).

SAML tokens embedded within proxy certificates isn't one of the "common
denominators" identified by the pgi-wg as an "authz plumbing" (to borrow
Morris' phrasing).

And if the point of the PGI-WG is to move forward in a unified direction
with SAML instead of documenting the mish-mash myriad of ways for expressing
the same thing that exist now, then 2.0 would be the place to hang your hat.

-Duane