[Pgi-wg] Sec: Agreement on attributetransportmechanismsforAttrAuthZ

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Fri Mar 27 08:03:06 CDT 2009

Yes,

  that’s what I meant – I guess we just need two because of some legacy
production systems?!

When I think about opening a TLS I think the following options exist:

(A)

I use a GSI Proxy to establish a GSI-based TLS connection – each hop creates
a new proxy-pair.

(B)

I use a OpenSSL proxy to establish an OpenSSL-based proxy TLS connection
(which included C) – each hop creates new proxy-pair

(C)

I use a full end-entity certificate to establish a TLS connection

Would you agree on this one with me and what do others think, e.g. gLite?

Thanks,

Morris

Morris Riedel

SW - Engineer

Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division

Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)

Forschungszentrum Juelich

Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1

D - 52425 Juelich

Germany

Email: m.riedel at fz-juelich.de

Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/JSCPeople/riedel

Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651

Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

"We work to better ourselves, and the rest of humanity"

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich

Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),

Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)