[Pgi-wg] Sec: Agreement on attributetransportmechanismsforAttrAuthZ

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Fri Mar 27 04:28:59 CDT 2009

Hi,

>- Of course. "Full certificate" is just an extreme case of proxy
certificate - like table without legs.

Unfortunately, we heard earlier that this is not generally the case since
GSI proxy-based TLS changes also the wire or handshaking process while I
agree with end-entity TLS is a subset (as chain length 0 proxy) of normal
TLS.

However, in practical works I have done in scenarios - I learned we have to
support both. So I see that we have to support both?!

Take care,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email: m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/JSCPeople/riedel
Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

"We work to better ourselves, and the rest of humanity"

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)

----