[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI - Security Model

Vincenzo Ciaschini vincenzo.ciaschini at cnaf.infn.it
Wed Mar 25 12:09:49 CDT 2009

Etienne URBAH wrote:
> Duane,
>

> Thank you for your comments.  Please find the original text and my
> answers inline.
>

> Beyond that :
>
> 7.9) Semantics and syntax of VOMS extensions and Restriction attributes
> I would like to describe (for example in new section 7.9) the semantics
> and syntax of a RESTRICTED list of VOMS extensions and Restriction
> attributes that all grid clients MAY use and that all grid services MUST
> understand.
>
> Does anybody have links to such lists ?
>
> -  For VOMS extension, the example below gives :
>    VO,  subject,  issuer,  attribute,  timeleft,  uri
Just for clarity: attribute is indeed a list of attributes.  There may
be more than one.

Also, information from more than one VO may be present.

> -  For other attributes, here is something springing out from my
> imagination, with semantics and syntax (please criticize) :
>    -  Assertion of identity :               ID:<FQAN>
>    -  Assertion of belonging to a group :   GROUP:<FQAN>
>    -  Authorization to access a resource :  ALLOW:<URI>
>    -  Interdiction  to access a resource :  DENY:<URI>
>    -  Authorization to read a file (or a folder, recursively :
>                                             ALLOW_R:<URI>
>    -  Authorization to write into a file (or a folder, recursively :
>                                             ALLOW_W:<URI>
>    -  Authorization to read and write into a file (or a folder,
> recursively :                               ALLOW_RW:<URI>
>    Note that GLUE 2.0 recommends that the URI should be an URN.
>

> I agree that we have to describe the full list of VOMS extensions with
> their meaning and syntax (or provide a link to the relevant VOMS
> specification).
How about this?
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13797
(also referenced in the strawman doc)

If it is unclear, I'd love to receive comments.

Ciao,
    Vincenzo