[Pgi-wg] Sec: Agreement on WS-Naming (ref by strawman)

Duane Merrill dgm4d at virginia.edu
Fri Mar 20 10:12:34 CDT 2009

First off, they may not be logically different (and therefore are
interchangable).  Also, WS-Addressing *requires* that the client consider
that reference parameters as opaque.  If your client is making decisions
based upon reference parameters, then it may fall victim to a fragile
dependence on the syntax/semantics of something it is not meant to
understand.

If a client needs to know they are different (because the address fields are
the same), WS-Naming is there to save the day by telling you that they are
different via the EPI.

-Duane