[Pgi-wg] Sec: Agreement on attributetransportmechanismsforAttrAuthZ

m.riedel at fz-juelich.de m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Fri Mar 20 09:35:29 CDT 2009

Hi,

>- This is the problem you mentioned which we experienced during the
OMII-EU project: BES clients were not executing the delegation
operation, so the service did not have any delegated credentials to use.
We then implemented a horrible workaround in CREAM which was fine for
demonstration purposes, but unfortunately can not be applied for any
real use.

ok, that's interesting - if you don't extract the proxy obviously then from TLS level during AuthN steps - why is there still a proxy support needed on the TLS level then?!

Q: It looks like now all middlewares can be accessed then easily with using full end-entity certificates: UNICORE, GENESIS-II, gLite,.. What about ARC?

Thanks for pointing this out Moreno - indeed helpful - I missed that new fact.

Take care,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Central Institute of Applied Mathematics
Research Centre Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email:  m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel

Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

'We work to improve ourselves and the rest of mankind.'