[Pgi-wg] Sec: Agreement on SOAP and authentication

m.riedel at fz-juelich.de m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Fri Mar 20 09:21:18 CDT 2009

YES!

>- As Weizhong mentions, there are additional validation steps in the event that GSI detects the presence of a proxy-extension within a certficate during handshake.  But nothing that affects wire protocol.

And exactly because of this fact we have to indicate which services have to take these validation steps and which not.

Q: The question is thus how you indicate within the PGI profiles that you support proxies or only full certificates (w/o additional validation steps).

We getting closer...

Take care,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Central Institute of Applied Mathematics
Research Centre Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email:  m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel

Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

'We work to improve ourselves and the rest of mankind.'

--00163646c4b66c64ef04658ce960

> I think Weizhong means implmentation of GSIAPI like one from Globus which
> does have
> own communication protocol incompatible with TLS.

I don't believe there are any protocol changes between the
secure-communication in GSI-API (GSI-OpenSSL) and TLS.

As Weizhong mentions, there are additional validation steps in the event
that GSI detects the presence of a proxy-extension within a certficate
during handshake.  But nothing that affects wire protocol.

-Duane

--00163646c4b66c64ef04658ce960

px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">
ike one from Globus which does have<br>own communication protocol incompati=
communication in GSI-API (GSI-OpenSSL) and TLS.=A0 </div>
nt that GSI detects the presence of a proxy-extension within a certficate d=
uring handshake.=A0 But nothing that affects wire protocol.</div>

--00163646c4b66c64ef04658ce960--

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt