[Pgi-wg] Sec: Agreement on attribute transportmechanismsforAttrAuthZ

m.riedel at fz-juelich.de m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Fri Mar 20 09:04:16 CDT 2009

Hi,

>-  The gLite CREAM CE can be accessed either with pure TLS (X509
certificate) or using GSI (proxy-based) authentication. I think that the
same holds for other gLite components as well.

So your service can work w/o proxies? Maybe for the initial AuthN yes - but for further use I guess you require a proxy for forwarding to CREAM or so?!

In other words, if someone access your service with a proxy he is authenticated but can't work with the service since its requiring proxies?!

Then, if not presented at TLS level, where do you get the proxy from?

Take care,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Central Institute of Applied Mathematics
Research Centre Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email:  m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel

Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

'We work to improve ourselves and the rest of mankind.'

> > Q: Do gLite also supports pure PGI_TLS apart from PGI_GSI?
>
> The gLite CREAM CE can be accessed either with pure TLS (X509
> certificate) or using GSI (proxy-based) authentication. I think
> that the
> same holds for other gLite components as well.
>
> Moreno.
>
> --
> Moreno Marzolla
> INFN Sezione di Padova,    via Marzolo 8,   35131 PADOVA,  Italy
> EMail: moreno.marzolla at pd.infn.it         Phone: +39 049 8277103
> WWW  : http://www.dsi.unive.it/~marzolla  Fax  : +39 049 8756233

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt