[Pgi-wg] Sec: Agreement on SOAP and authentication

Duane Merrill dgm4d at virginia.edu
Fri Mar 20 08:29:52 CDT 2009

> I think Weizhong means implmentation of GSIAPI like one from Globus which
> does have
> own communication protocol incompatible with TLS.

I don't believe there are any protocol changes between the
secure-communication in GSI-API (GSI-OpenSSL) and TLS.

As Weizhong mentions, there are additional validation steps in the event
that GSI detects the presence of a proxy-extension within a certficate
during handshake.  But nothing that affects wire protocol.

-Duane