[Pgi-wg] Sec: Agreement on SOAP and authentication

m.riedel at fz-juelich.de m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Thu Mar 19 12:40:14 CDT 2009

Duane,

  in addition I forgot to mention that we already agreed in PGI that we only do attribute-based authorization for those that would like to be PGI-compliant while still supporting identity-based authZ of course.

It's not related here for AuthN - but helps to understand my circumvention of the complicated 'additional' scope. It makes sense - but allows too much flexibility I think that break possibly interop again.

You may want to support still purely identity-based authZ in the non-PGI-compliant part. At least that is my suggestion. Otherwise we end up of standardizing each functionality purely out of our systems.

Sorry for not mention that again,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Central Institute of Applied Mathematics
Research Centre Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email:  m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel

Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

'We work to improve ourselves and the rest of mankind.'