[Pgi-wg] Cracking security by small agreement pieces

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Thu Mar 19 07:24:23 CDT 2009

PGI Security folks,

  in my opinion we crack the security better if we try to come to agreements
on smaller pieces first before going to the full-blown profile.

Therefore, our next e-mails partially address items from the reference model
input (i.e plumbings), the strawman document (provided by Virginia) and
other elements that arise from the security discussions via the e-mails.
Here, the goal would be to agree on the elements of each e-mail thread.

Clearly, tomorrow will be not 'the one and only sec telcon in PGI' therefore
we need this mechanism (in my opinion) to give the infrastructures time to
comment even if they can't join the telcons or feel being overwhelmed by
strawman documents.

The agreements on these little pieces will be in turn noted down on the
factsheets/wikis/etc one after another creating the whole ecosystem in terms
of security.

Again, here I would like to remind ourselves that we are the <Production>
Infrastructure Working Group - so the security elements should be reasonably
stable and adopted and not huge frameworks that MAY arise in future if - and
only if - funding is provided.

So let's get started...

Take care,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email: m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/JSCPeople/riedel
Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

"We work to better ourselves, and the rest of humanity"

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)