[Pgi-wg] Discussion about elements/priorities in the fieldofsecurity

Steven Newhouse Steven.Newhouse at cern.ch
Wed Mar 18 15:19:14 CDT 2009

> Q: Is there a short-time plan that gLite will be able to support SAML-
> based VOMS?

Resources are going to be very tight in the first 6 months of the second
year of EGEE (from May 2010) as we have certain items we need to get
done by the end of the project. Once the critical items have been done
this is something we can look at.

But unless the change is minor, and it has been agreed on (i.e.
published as a draft recommendation) or is VERY stable, its hard to
imagine the work being done in a 'short-time'.

Someone from the VOMS team will have to provide a considered opinion on
the effort and complexity involved before we provide a definitive
answer.

Steven