[Pgi-wg] Definition of a Production Grid : Multi-institutional Infrastructure for e-Science

Oxana Smirnova oxana.smirnova at hep.lu.se
Tue Mar 17 12:22:30 CDT 2009

Hi,

concerning NGIs: some of those I know are not substantially different
from multi-institutional infrastructures, as they also use IGTF
certificates and have all the other attributes except of the
"international" one. NorduGrid CA case is very special: the CA itself is
international and issues certificates to 5 different countries.

Some other national Grids are using different AAA frameworks (e.g. no
IGTF, no VOMS) - but this is true not just for NGIs but for Campus Grids
  as well.

The conclusion is, shall we separate national infrastructures from
international? While presence of borders inside a Grid practically
implies IGTF, the reverse is not true.

Cheers,
Oxana