[Pgi-wg] CANCELLED: job management meeting on wed 18

Moreno Marzolla moreno.marzolla at pd.infn.it
Tue Mar 17 05:16:21 CDT 2009

Oxana Smirnova wrote:
[...]
> As for the call on Wednesday, I suppose we have the 3 co-chairs who have
> full powers to decide on this. Please let us not repeat the same trick
> as last Friday.

Dear all,

after hearing the various opinions expressed via the mailing list, we
decided that the job management meeting tomorrow, wed 18th is CANCELLED.
This time I assure you all that there will be no tricks.
We will stick to the plan we proposed yesterday, to have a requirements
document sent to the list in two weeks, collect feedback and
contributions in another week and then have the "first" job management
meeting around april 8th (exact dates will be announced).

I personally want to make clear that there is no "hidden" or "secret"
process going around, nor there are decisions being taken without
consulting the other PGI WG members. I want also to make clear once and
for all that the "secret" CERN meeting was not intended to bypass any
supposedly "open" standardization process. At that time we did not even
thought about proposing our activity OGF-wide: very simply, a group of
people had a common requirement and decided to talk to each other to
address this requirement. What happened then, and after then, is
entirely available in the PGI web site for anybody to read. I strongly
hope that nobody will keep arguing on this "secret CERN meeting"
anymore, thanks.

Finally, please note that the security meeting (and related activity) on
friday 20th is CONFIRMED. Please have a look at the available
documentations and strawman as indicated in Morris' mail.

Your co-chairs,
Balazs, Moreno, Morris

--
Moreno Marzolla
INFN Sezione di Padova,    via Marzolo 8,   35131 PADOVA,  Italy