[Pgi-wg] PGI TelCon 2009-03-13 Meeting Minutes available for Comments

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw at virginia.edu
Mon Mar 16 14:04:52 CDT 2009

Oxana,
I don't believe the objective was to separate the discussion from the main
group - rather to accelerate overall progress by doing two concurrent tasks.
That's why we wanted to separate out the JSDL/BES stuff, so that we would
not need to wait for agreement on security to make progress on the
JSDL/BES/GLUE stuff.

On a separate yet related note. One of the problems in coming to consensus
in OGSA-BES was on meta-data retrieval, specifically around WS-RF. There was
a strong contingent against WS-RF, and so we have the bes get_attributes
method.

Now for my question: do all of the "production grid infrastructures"
participating in PGI support WS-RF? (Genesis II supports the OGSA-WSRF-BP,
and I think Unicore does, and so does Globus).