[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI - Document explaining my drawing of a PGI Job State Model

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Wed Jun 24 10:48:21 CDT 2009

Moreno and all,

Concerning my drawing of a PGI Job State Model :

Thank you very much for today's telephone conference.

 From what I have understood, I have to write down a document explaining
my drawing :

-  For each state in the main stream (at the left), add 1 or 2 'delayed'
substates.

-  For each (sub)state, precisely explain :
    - why and how a job goes in and out of the state,
    - if notifications are sent to the User (if yes, describe the
notification content),
    - which resources are considered by the Execution Service for the
Job but not yet allocated, which are really allocated, and which are NOT.

-  Explain that the 'Delegated' state covers both :
    - Execution by a batch system belonging to the original grid
infrastructure;  in that case, the Execution Service must be able to
give to the User the name of the batch queue (+ perhaps local job id),
    - Forwarding to the Execution Service of another grid
infrastructure;   in that case, the Execution Service must be able to
give to the User the corresponding EPR.

-  Give examples of workflows :
   - Simple without User action  (automatic stage-in and stage-out)
   - Complex with User actions (incomplete manual stage-in which has to
be completed during a second manual stage-in, ...)

If you have proposal for additional substates, or feel any need for
further explanations, please let me know.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr