[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI - Job State Model - Improvements after Analysis results (UML: zargo + xmi + png)

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Thu Jun 11 18:20:09 CDT 2009

Morris and All,

Concerning the PGI Job State Model :

-  Thank you very much for having taken the time to analyze my proposal.

-  Your remarks are relevant :  Although my UML model already contained
the desired internal states, the rendering diagram which I had created
was too small to display the internal states.  To address your remarks :
    - I enlarged the rendering diagram in order to clearly display the
internal states (like inside the 'CREAM job state diagram'), in
particular Data-Staging (1) and Failed-Recoverable (2),
    - I renamed the internal states in order to clearly show the
hierarchy, in particular Delegated:Running (3).

Inside http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15655?nav=1 :
I saved the improved model on Thursday 11 June 2009 under 3 formats :
    - ZARGO file created by ArgoUML
    - XMI file readable by any UML tool
    - PNG drawing

I hope that the model is clearer now, and I am ready for further
improvements.

I am sorry not being able to attend the PGI telephone conferences this
week :
-  On Wednesday 10 June, I was involved in an EDGeS face to face meeting.
-  On Friday 12 June 2009, I will NOT be able to attend either.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr