[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI - Execution Service - Job State Model and textual description (UML: zargo + xmi + png)

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Thu Jul 30 11:49:59 CDT 2009

Balazs, Morris and all,

PGI Job State Model
-------------------
Taking into account the remarks, comments and suggestions of the
telephone conference of last week Wednesday 15 July 2009, I have
performed following improvements to my Job State Model :

-  Write down that 'Cancellation' and 'Failure' can happen in any substate,

-  Mention time-out inside the 'Delegated:Hold' substate,

-  Remove the 'Individual Job of a Job Collection' transition.

    Therefore, I have renamed 'PGI Job State Model' as 'PGI Single Job
State Model', and I have created a new overview document about 'PGI
Execution Service' (see below).

I have updated accordingly and uploaded inside GridForge following
documents :

-  'PGI Single Job State Model - Textual description' available at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15697?nav=1

-  'PGI Single Job State Model (available as ZARGO, XMI and PNG)'
available under 6 formats at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15655?nav=1 :
     - ZARGO file created by ArgoUML
     - XMI file readable by any UML tool
     - PNG drawing of the Small Diagram
     - PNG drawing of the Medium Diagram
     - PNG drawing of the Big Diagram
     - PNG drawing of the Big Diagram with Comments

     The model itself contains the whole information, smaller diagrams
are easier to view and to print, bigger diagrams show more details.

Please review this model carefully, so that we can quickly point any
remaining issue and reach a consensus.

PGI Execution Service Overview
------------------------------
Since the above 'Job State Model' covers only Single Jobs, I have
created the attached plain text document named 'PGI Execution Service
Overview'.

It is also available at http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15735?nav=1

I am absolutely certain that this document is very useful, but I am sure
that it is incomplete, and there are probably points where you disagree.

So please review this document thoroughly, and send me your remarks,
comments and suggestions for improvement.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                        Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr