[Pgi-wg] Good call today

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw at virginia.edu
Wed Jul 8 09:56:01 CDT 2009

All,

I felt that we made good progress today. I recollect two things:

1) We agreed on a high level state model - similar to BES but with two new
states: pre and post processing, and a renaming of "running" to "delegated".

2) We also agreed that we will follow the BES model of only allowing state
transitions between states at the same level, i.e., between high level.

The only open question is about explicit transitions back to submitted, or
whether it needs to go through finished/failed or something like that.

We also discussed the existing (in the proposed diagram) substates, and some
extensions, e.g., suspended as a substate of delegated.

There are still many discussions on substates to go - but good progress!