[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI - Job State Model - Modifications for Hold and Finished (UML: zargo + xmi + png)

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Wed Jul 1 15:08:22 CDT 2009

Moreno and all,

Concerning my 'PGI Job State Model' designed with UML at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15655?nav=1 :

Thank you for your remarks during today's telephone conference.

I have performed following work :
-  Move 'Hold' substates inside the standard states,
-  Create substates inside a global 'Finished' state.

I just saved the improved model under 4 formats :
     - ZARGO file created by ArgoUML
     - XMI file readable by any UML tool
     - PNG drawing of the Medium Diagram
     - PNG drawing of the Big Diagram

As usual, please review and criticize it.

I will also update my textual document 'PGI Job State Model - Textual
description' accordingly.

I am ready for further improvements.  For example :

As far as I know, the Execution Service must never automatically
resubmit 'Successful' and 'Cancelled' Jobs.

But the Execution Service (for example gLite WMS) can automatically
resubmits 'Failed' Jobs a limited number of time.

So, I propose to convert the 'Finished:Failed' substate to an
appropriate 'Failed' state with :
-  'Failure' transitions coming from standard states,
-  A 'Resubmit' transition going to the 'Submitted' state.

Please give me your opinion.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                        Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr