[Pgi-wg] Next teleconference: Wednesday, 5th August 2009

Balazs Konya balazs.konya at hep.lu.se
Tue Aug 4 03:18:19 CDT 2009

Dear all,

The next PGI teleconference will be held on Wednesday, 5th August
at 16:00 CET (duration: 1 hour)

Call-in details as follow:
via Skype call +9900827049931906 (free of charge) ordinary phone numbers
(local rates) with the 9931906 conference number:

Austria 0820 401 15470
Belgium 0703 57 134
France 0826 109 071
Germany +49 (0) 180 500 9527
Switzerland 0848 560 397

Agenda:

1) State model

   a) recent updates

   b) state model integration with the updated strawman rendering document
    (the announcement on the update of the rendering document
http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc15628 is copied below)

2) AOB

   a) changing the teleconferencing environment?

   b) PGI call schedule: Wednesdays or Fridays?, summer break?

Feel free to propose additional topics for discussion.

-----------------------

> Hi PGI team,
>
>  some team members of the middlewares ARC, gLite, and UNICORE (AGU) found a
> bit time to update their input documents to the PGI process:
>
> (1)
> To ensure an open process, we put the updated version into the PGI OGF
> space:
>
> A) strawman_rendering (http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc15628?nav=1)
>
> Note that the document has still some limitations such as:
> a) job state model is not fully integrated and thus contradicts to the rest
> of the rendering document since we also have some inputs for the discussion
> of it in the next weeks
> b) some formatting glitches: e.g. would be nice to have section headers,
> numbered, the table of content contain sections down to level 5.
> c) agreements only between ARC, gLite and UNICORE while a broader consensus
> with the other interested members of PGI is missing (i.e. GENESIS, EDGES)
> and to be discussed
> d) still some open questions that should be discussed in the broader PGI
> community
>
> B) strawman_functionality (http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc15736?nav=1)
>
> Note that this document only got a minor update.
>
> C) agu_jsdl.xml (http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc15737?nav=1)
>
> Focused on needed functionality - not existing JSDL with extensions.
>
> (2)
> Since we don't want to interrupt the currently ongoing fruitful state model
> discussions, we expect to continue with them and would suggest that members
> of PGI collect feedback about these updated documents over the next
> weeks/vacation period.
>
> Once the state model has been reasonable stable we can work on the feedback
> of the updated documents together and come to agreements between us all.
>

> (3)
> Since we don't like an emerging specification that is not really implemented
> we are about to start a reference implementation of it that might be
> demonstrated at OGF or other conferences, including its changes following
> from the open discussion process among the broader PGI community.
>
> With kind regards,
> Morris Riedel
> Balazs Konya
> Moreno Marzolla

bye,
Balazs

--
Balázs Kónya

NorduGrid Collaboration
http://www.nordugrid.org

Lund University	                        balazs.konya at hep.lu.se
High Energy Physics                     phone:   +46 46 222 8049
BOX 118, S - 221 00 LUND, Sweden        fax:     +46 46 222 4015