[Pgi-wg] PGI @ OGF26 - Plans

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Thu Apr 9 01:34:56 CDT 2009

Hi PGI team,

  our next OGF is already next month - therefore I would like to discuss our
plans for OGF26.

I propose that we have no workshop this time as OGF26 is rather a working
OGF instead of dissemination - but I propose to have again 3 working
sessions at Chapel Hill. The plan would be to work on the documents.

Maybe even one additional session where we try to invite people from the
standards groups that are part of our ecosystem - of course only when they
are present at OGF26 - I know that Alex (SRM) plans to come, for instance.
Here I think it would be beneficial to see how we can feed our
tunings/refinements etc. back in future iterations of standards or to
understand issues more deeply.

Of course, this only makes sense if there are a significant amount of people
present at OGF26 from our community.

Hence, it would be beneficial to know who of our PGI community intends to go
to OGF26?! Please let the group know as soon as possible so that we can plan
accordingly and request sessions. Thanks!

Your co-chair,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email: m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/JSCPeople/riedel
Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

"We work to better ourselves, and the rest of humanity"

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)