[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI - Security Model - NEW versions of GSI acceptRFC-3820-compliant X509 proxies

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Wed Apr 8 08:55:36 CDT 2009

Hi Duane,

>-Morris: What is the chance that this VOMS 2.0 get a huge deployment in
EGEE then?!

It doesn't need a huge deployment.  Even a single deployment at the grid
boundary will work to our ends.

I don’t think so for production interop – maybe for typical OGF interop
fests. But not for production applications, which are planned between DEISA
and EGEE for a few use cases

I guess one VOMS is deployed for each VO or has this changed?

So it depends with the VO you are working with, e.g. FUSION interop
application and their deployed VOMS service in EGEE for instance will matter
for DEISA
 (EUFORIA work I’m involved)

The difference to OGF interop tests is that we would like to use the interop
in production – which is different than deploying somewhere a VOMS for
special needs. However, it might be the only solution if PGI is not coming
up with agreements
 :-)

Take care,

Morris

Morris Riedel

SW - Engineer

Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division

Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)

Forschungszentrum Juelich

Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1

D - 52425 Juelich

Germany

Email: m.riedel at fz-juelich.de

Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/JSCPeople/riedel

Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651

Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

"We work to better ourselves, and the rest of humanity"

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich

Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),

Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)