[Pgi-wg] "GES Strawman" document available

Moreno Marzolla moreno.marzolla at pd.infn.it
Wed Apr 1 04:56:01 CDT 2009

Dear all,

I just uploaded a new document into the "Input Documents/Execution
Service" folder:

http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc15590?nav=1

This document is a somehow polished version of the notes taken during
the pre-PGI Geneva meeting. It is basically a "wish list" for what we
called "Geneva Execution Service (GES)". The name means that in its
current status, the document covers the requirements emerged during the
Geneva meeting. Please note that the document has some funny artifacts
emerged during OpenOffice->Word conversion. Sorry for that, I hope we
will be able to fix that in the next revisions.

We now ask people to have a look at the document, comment it and also
propose additional requirements arising from their middlewares and use
cases. Thus, the document will eventually evolve into a requirements
document for the "PGI Execution Service" (and not GES).
Note that at this point we would like to concentrate on requirements
only. How these requirements can be mapped onto existing or brand new
specifications/profiles will be the next step, after the requirements
have been finalized.

We propose to have a teleconference on wednesday, april 8th at 16:00CET
(note that now also Europe entered daylight saving time, so we are back
in sync). Agenda and call in details will be circulated next week.
Meanwhile, feel free to discuss the document using the mailing list.

Moreno.

--
Moreno Marzolla
INFN Sezione di Padova,    via Marzolo 8,   35131 PADOVA,  Italy