[ogsa-wg] Sustainable Places 2020 goes Digital

Sustainable Places 2020 sustainableplaces at r2msolution.com
Mon Jun 1 10:55:48 EDT 2020

[DEFAULT_HEADER][  ]( # )
[  ]( # )

[  ]( https://2tuoh.r.a.d.sendibm1.com/mk/cl/f/k2QIzmo0XfIQeaN3rI-JnCvzCV-W2DJVzfVRtIFlQK50wIXgC-eTXXiFlbiNDQflGRRPOSfZEWWv7oXYXJXjvRyjY9F6JXc8uv0tiOOVJ6tuKJNYaC5unnrPS_tRLXvRHydeEz7sdi0KJURf6ABERuh11Y0s8TvYN5t8JUGgun0 )

[  ]( # )     SP2020 goes digital !

Join us for the 8th edition of Sustainable Places
27 - 30 October 2020 | DIGITAL EVENT        [  ]( # )
[  ]( # )

Postponed, and now we move online
On Monday last week, we launched a survey on our database of earlier SP participants.
We received over 150 responses, and it turns out that 75% of you are in favor of a virtual online event for this 2020 edition of Sustainable Places. Given this, we have now taken the decision to hold a virtual event.

We realize that some attend SP specifically for the networking component, but we also received strong feedback to continue with the event (as opposed to cancellation) to facilitate project clustering and dissemination especially since many other events have been cancelled. Hence, we are committed to doing just that and we also have some innovative ideas to allow for networking sessions even if digital. To date at this early stage, we already have 13 workshops and over 50 projects making contributions to SP. That is a great start and now we can plan forward with confidence.

Benefits and key highlights of SP2020 online
An online event brings a lot of opportunities for new ways of knowledge sharing and networking. These are the key changes to remember :

1) Different Rate Structure:
Speakers and Panelists: Early 150€ (before 30 June) – Normal 185€. Access to the full online series of events. These are likely 75% of our typical attendees presenting technical papers, showing project posters, organizing and participating in clustering workshops. Non-presenting Attendees: 50€. This rate is available to those that want to discover and participate in the event but are not presenting scientific contributions.

​2) Facilitated workshops with technical platforms:
We'll make the digital platform environment available. You'll have access to a recording that you can replay on the SP2020 website and embed into your own website after the event.

3) Less parallel sessions:
We've extended the conference over 27-30 October 2020 to allow smoother technical organization and less parallel sessions. We do not anticipate anyone being at their computer all day. We instead anticipate that people will be able to map their own experience over the 4 days event.

4) All registered contributors get one entry as co-author for an Open Access non peer-reviewed technical paper (4-6 pages) to be published in the SP20 special issue of MDPI Proceedings. A select number of extended papers (up to 5) can be considered for publishing in Buildings free of charge.

5) A virtual Poster room is available for all registrants

6) A public plenary session chaired by the European Commission in which selected chairs will be invited to pitch an executive summary of their sessions and workshops.

Call for Contributions is still open
Our call for contributions remains opened until 13 September 2020.
We look forward to receiving your contributions and to welcoming you to our digital SP2020 in October !
For registration and conference details visit https://2tuoh.r.a.d.sendibm1.com/mk/cl/f/EAJZetvuTL9GJ4CnTC-Ytmyhguu14GwJx8vuPAwBL-hOm0Dh0KFhXokpDkPwN84fzf1H_OJPdaFeR7b8RrP_Uwx-1E0vNM1InQ9eELaTiLWP-_7_VQqeukw7l4_pECIpxjTrBo5sVAL62tI3ZtBiUUXGKUB1Ub00Sr4Ka_yYkQ

Sincerely,
The SP2020 Organisation Committee
[ sustainableplaces at r2msolution.com ]( mailto:sustainableplaces at r2msolution.com?subject=email%20response )         [  ]( # )       [  ]( # )
[  ]( # )     SP2020 is organized by:
[  ]( # )

   French alternative energy and atomic energy Commission

National Institute of Solar Energy

[  ]( # )

   R2M Solution

University Savoie Mont Blanc

[  ]( # )

   Graduate School Solar Academy

Polytech Annecy Chambery

[  ]( # )     SP2020 is sponsored by:        [  ]( # )
[  ]( # )     SDIA (Green Sponsor)
[  ]( # )

[  ]( # )
The [ SDIA ]( https://2tuoh.r.a.d.sendibm1.com/mk/cl/f/6ta4Q87VJr0Sa1o1iHuhWP0KOr2qaFHKYn_sxVZpnPKkpgMtQnLBh8RnmPCRrBnmDhr-LDNZK6XZuyjAFXzLwHZ8_1gI6cL0a6uEa9qFaO8iJh2hz9twvy11yiIr5hn9stdDNGe7geJfJhUkv1PlUu5dtQjWdy7l ) - Sustainable Digital Infrastructure Alliance e.V. - is an inter-industry association enabling collaboration in sustainable, zero impact digital infrastructure that is accessible to the next-generation of innovators. The SDIA strives to bring together companies, individuals and governments to advocate and realize key initiatives such as heat-reuse, smarter power consumption and efficient use of resources.         [  ]( # )
[  ]( # )     ENGIE Lab (Silver Sponsor)
[  ]( # )

[  ]( # )

[ ENGIE Lab CRIGEN ]( https://2tuoh.r.a.d.sendibm1.com/mk/cl/f/E1jHveN7KKW4usZv6mHxULV4iia6Xku5AP1vkhj3N3HyGA8rU9yPJgn791HCC0vwnwWVKs-H_G-uvCkqpu98CE19_jnjsU6vehAmkVEYuuBpaaqu7hDrtRiiPCSeSjyFSGj75BDMBep6QZAyFA0VPWppDiVt39dU10SOH2dPJX-yFOFu2ggns08gessTVuCg6xsXW_Qd8pCfqJ0fDsHAxOAJSm9QrCtZdjEXWgePmh3tywQdcyeA4Osqser0FImy2vDShRHkwJMtQ7f8kEvM3X_qxQhNQtls4R0uzVFR5K6HBULuvu6ymqhb9m4j0xo2TEhoxAZhN9crvjJo7BCGhum9f5Inxb20voslUjWxF1wBJzuAulqvwgRoMv0RLSRyDymbyJhUt1sPfpPFfEaHCvi7EuAiw1clHqhZHy_lQG8HizknG8P7NztZ1c9eyQp8osOSYwyCLAeIS_MuwEFiXXP7-cVkyjNfT_G9c2L3htxYQ6auNMrhBcOiw49uli7HN0uu5GddpE7qOwo ), part of the ENGIE Labs network, is ENGIE Group’s corporate center for R&D and high-level expertise devoted to new energy resources (hydrogen, biogas and gas liquefaction), new energy uses in towns and cities, the buildings and industries of tomorrow and emerging technologies (computer sciences and Al, drones and robots, nanotechnologies and sensors).             [  ]( # )
[  ]( # )     IREC (Silver Sponsor)
[  ]( # )

[  ]( # )
[ IREC ]( https://2tuoh.r.a.d.sendibm1.com/mk/cl/f/EShcGcEETAqy7E-qoQTeymlB9ZGsHK4-o_Jq2zM24aPxw6Zdljnm4G5SylTNueK0RYh1zNrGavfAm6rFzWOrDNliyMgiJmyYT7-vyMJ8xnmQ_dY0t8GB8sIOqntFo_n0I7j_rF0mywUzyYCPfrXNrlqLKNBGGAsMug ) - the Catalonia Institute for Energy Research - was created to contribute to the objective of creating a more sustainable future for energy usage and consumption, keeping in mind the economic competitivity and providing society with the maximum level of energy security.
      [  ]( # )
[  ]( # )     SolarWin (Silver Sponsor)
[  ]( # )

[  ]( # )
Receiving a grant by the EU Fast Track to Innovation program (FTI), [ SolarWin ]( https://2tuoh.r.a.d.sendibm1.com/mk/cl/f/9_0BSwd_8qIy_zaWwg1s5oD9ot0uhcxWl86KmSvnozFcYsazzoAsMW_sxPbblzrlpzZcIx54VcPyRnykxnSAIuBZCzgZ09KGeMQReIciJtO1PrqUwsP0MzjUOsCmS_TvlqGAnw7pwu0XC6D33IMbKaYWLk6XlMy195GgTHw ) is a project aiming to scale-up and validate next-generation transparent Photovoltaic (PV) windows for commercial use and mass-production by 2021.Receiving a grant by the EU Fast Track to Innovation program (FTI), SolarWin is a project aiming to scale-up and validate next-generation transparent Photovoltaic (PV) windows for commercial use and mass-production by 2021.         [  ]( # )
[  ]( # )     Tech4Win (Silver Sponsor)
[  ]( # )

[  ]( # )
[ Tech4Win ]( https://2tuoh.r.a.d.sendibm1.com/mk/cl/f/K8JtgxkTZ5lP-6soMYkTr2w8WGZ7dc7nNI5wrWnwcNPYaFvUppNrFTt593vb6HwX4_ZlooGfuXo_5UI3tiBHiL7VOoJTxaVyYhC3zhxWPTVM-Gu4g83RoIP8v_5186wmRc7qDcdocBRT8jLA2IlXhigtuQE ) aims to develop a highly innovative transparent photovoltaic (PV) window based on the combination of an inorganic UV selective multifunctional coating (UV filter + UV selective solar) that is deposited on the first laminated glass of the window, and an organic IR selective solar cell that is implemented at the gap spacer of the window.
      [  ]( # )
[  ]( # )     BUILD UP (Media Partner)        [  ]( # )
[  ]( # )

[  ]( # )
The [ BUILD UP ]( https://2tuoh.r.a.d.sendibm1.com/mk/cl/f/6YA6BR_kihSXsHA0G8r5V3UsZutFE7WsDgjwSYK_pQJ2rIiqpNnOXKE81LcmerNkTF6d0rfwjqjUm5kzXyq6mbDpGdw49uVIZgxZG5nAbKinshRG0Q6UWtbEDJVhqLCKZYeGIYmuoIyWyJp40ZxsFhCVioG9crnKuA ) initiative was established by the European Commission in 2009 to support EU Member States in implementing the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD). The BUILD UP web portal is intended to reap the benefits of Europe's collective intelligence on energy reduction in buildings for all relevant audiences. It will bring together new practitioners and professional associations while motivating them to exchange best working practices and knowledge and to transfer tools and resources.         [  ]( # )
[  ]( # )     Sponsorship opportunities
[  ]( # )

Sponsors may elect a general (green or silver) sponsorship. We welcome industrials to get involved in the support of this event and platform. All sponsors will be featured in SP2020 website, newsletters and conference dissemination material.

Please contact us at [ sustainableplaces at r2msolution.com ]( mailto:sustainableplaces at r2msolution.com?subject=SP2020%20Sponsorship ) to learn about sponsorship opportunities.          [  ]( # )
[  ]( # )     Publication opportunities        [  ]( # )
[  ]( # )

   Buildings (peer-reviewed)

Should contributors wish to be considered for a full-length (7-9 pages) journal submission, they should check the appropriate CfP application option.        SP2019 Buildings issue

Proceedings (not peer-reviewed)

All contribution types (e.g. posters, workshops, presentations, etc.) can write a 4-6 page summary to be included in the SP2020 Proceedings edition.        SP2019 Proceedings edition            [  ]( # )
[  ]( # )        [ Learn more about Sustainable Places at
www.sustainableplaces.eu ]( https://2tuoh.r.a.d.sendibm1.com/mk/cl/f/sVu7LQBJ8rib_KVMUAmhjAS7OJsXLILbo9BJFy4pRjNdxTDyqLJEnG4TRfObpTtGMCthy4dpsBuIP0mvBgo3lZVq2Eymf994tiYo6gO7daH82VmVftINWjaoADhD7ZvEbYdTtwK6l-NXs2hiDHJb60U1EJPg6ZOht3sYUyg )            [  ]( # )[DEFAULT_FOOTER]