[ogsa-wg] information data model - reviewed latest

Ellen Stokes stokese at us.ibm.com
Tue May 6 19:43:24 CDT 2008

Guru,

Thank you for your comments (and next time please insert them into the
tracking mechanism as they were provided as part of public comment
period).

Comment, section 3, paragraph 2:  The currency of this information plays a
vital role too. I feel that we need to express that here especially due to
the dynamic nature of Grid environment.
Response:  static and dynamic nature of information is discussed and
provided by example in last paragraph of section 3 (just before start of
section 4).

Comment, section 3, last paragraph:  There is no mention of the
persistence of these capabilities. Again for the ones that change - RAM
and load, there should be a note on its currentness and correctness.  Also
since the resource is responsible for advertising its capabilities, should
the resource provide the algorithms for translating the high level
requirements to XML. There is some amount of resource consumption
somewhere for the translation and that is not coming across here.
Response:  Persistence is not a topic for this informational doc.
Translation from detail managed resources to capabilities expressed in XML
is beyond the scope of this document.

Comment, section 4.1:  change 'static' to 'relatively static'
Response:  Use of static given the example is correct.

Comment, section 5.3, example 4 text:  We need a mention of some fault
tolerance here. In the sense that, what happens if a resource is excluded
from the pool and there is an advertisement still alive for that resource.
And, the it is being considered for a job by virtue of the advertisement.
The primary nature of a grid resource pool is that it is dynamic in
nature.
Response:  Again, this is an informational document, not an implementation
document, so comment is beyond scope of document.

Ellen

guru prasad <guru_bn at yahoo.com>
03/28/2008 04:55 PM

guru prasad <guru_bn at yahoo.com>, Ellen Stokes/Austin/IBM at IBMUS
cc
ogsa-wg at ogf.org
Subject
Re: [ogsa-wg] information data model - reviewed latest

Sorry!!! please find the latest version. Ignore my previous email.