[ogsa-wg] Notes from Use Case Workshop call

Steven Newhouse Steven.Newhouse at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 13 16:37:51 CDT 2008

OGSA F2F User Case Requirements Workshop Telecon

13th March 2008

Attendees
=========
Hiro Kishimoto
Steven Newhouse
Andreas Savva
Andrew Grimshaw
Ellen Stokes
Stephen McGough (note taker)

Draft proposal has gone out to the list some responses from Ravi, David Berry, Geoffrey Fox and others.

Comments as to if this should come out of the Enterprise Council?

Plan is to move forward with this to complement the work of the Enterprise Council.

Ellen - Expand scope of paragraph 3. Place OGF in front of Community.

Hiro - Openness of workshop? Do we want invite only?
Steven - not planned to be a closed meeting - but don't want people wasting space (i.e. reading email).
Andreas - change will to may - Attendance "may" have to be limited due to space.

Ellen - Attendees should bring a use case?
Steven - yes good idea - need to make the spread of use cases balanced. Try to spend time one-on-one for users and OGSA for collecting information.

Andrew - We want to get new people in - not all the old ones. Need a list of people to specifically ask. Discuss later

Tentative dates in email.

Telecon will hopefully be available.

Will questionnaire be sent out with invite?
 - Not time - but with acceptances.

Will try and send out a call to OGF-announce and other suitable mailing lists.

How to collect replies?
 - an OGF mail address?
 - Set up a mailing list redirecting to people on this call.

Use case template from SAGA group. This seems too detailed and drills down too deep. Should we re-write this? Want more of the high level business model than the low level details.

Andrew: Discuss list of invites. Be proactive beyond OGF mailing lists.
Life sciences has been done before
Go after groups like:

- caGrd
- NSF Cyber-Infrastructure
- MITRE
- NSA
- Airbus
- Boeing
- Auto industry
- Shell and Schlumberger
- OSG
- Mathworks (MathLab)
- Financial services
- Local Government

Steven - we need new blood

Hiro - Invite Nick Carr?

Monday 17th for next call.

Consolidated Actions:
* Questionnaire template
* Set up mailing list reflector
* Andrew to contact caGrid, NSF, Boeing, NSA and Mathworks
* Ellen to talk to IBM internally for contacts to customers or for prior use cases.
* Steven to provide a template for the next call.