[ogsa-wg] Penultimate draft

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw at virginia.edu
Thu Mar 6 14:06:41 CST 2008

All,

I have cut the primer down by half so that we can send it off to IEEE. It is
now under 6,000 words. Needless to say a lot of text got axed. I apologize
if your favorite is gone. If something must be put back in, then please tell
me where else to cut. We are allowed 12 references. We had over thrity.
There are many more things referred to in the paper. Currently we have six
references. We can add six more. By the way, none of the specs have
citations . there are too many. Instead I point the reader at the ogf page.
If you care to give me the six citations you feel we absolutely must have,
and where they should go.

The current set is:

1.         Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Nick, J. and Tuecke, S., The
Physiology of the Grid: An Open Grid Services Architecture for Distributed
Systems Integration. in, (2002).

2.         Hunt, G. and Brubacher, D., Detours: Binary interception of Win32
functions. in Proceedings of the 3rd USENIX Windows NT Symposium, (Seattle,
1999), 135-143.

3.         Morgan, M. and Grimshaw, A., Genesis II - Standards Based Grid
Computing. in Seventh IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and
the Grid, (Rio de Janario, Brazil, 2007), IEEE Computer Society, 611-618.

4.         Myers, D.S. and Bazinet, A.L. Intercepting Arbitrary Functions on
Windows, UNIX, and Macintosh OS X Platforms, University of Maryland, 2004.

5.         Thain, D., Tannenbaum, T. and Livny, M. Condor and the Grid. in
Berman, F., Hey, A.J.G. and Fox, G. eds. Grid Computing: Making The Global
Infrastructure a Reality, John Wiley, 2003, 299-332.

6.         White, B., Walker, M., Humphrey, M. and Grimshaw, A., LegionFS: A
Secure and Scalable File System Supporting Cross-Domain High-Performance
Applications. in SC 01, (Denver, CO, 2001).

Comments are welcome until Monday. Then away it goes.