[ogsa-wg] OGSA WSRF Basic Profile 1.0 draft 49 (document revision 46)

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Tue Jun 24 12:19:41 CDT 2008

Folks,

after revising the previous draft at FLE, we came up with a solution
to the WS-BaseNotification issue, that we believe would cause even
less disruption and re-implementation of existing code.

Please find the new draft revision attached.

family, Vivian found that the text defining the Simple dialect does
not contain any clear normative text mandating the exact serialisation
of topic QName when using this dialect (i.e. no "MUST" etc. in the
text). However, the specification indicates in the XML Schema that the
authors of the specification may have had an element-based rendering
in mind. The specification contains an XML *type* definition for the
Simple dialect. it does not, however, contain the XML *element*
definition to use for the Simple dialect.
Therefore we argue that it indeed is possible to re-use the WS-
BaseNotification dialect URI and XML type definition, and to introduce
an OGSA BP specific XML element of the BaseNotification data type.
This way, implementers will have to tool up only one new XML element,
and some application logic to extract the topic QName (should be quite
trivial regardless the tooling framework).
The attached draft reflects this argument.

Cheers,
Michel