[ogsa-wg] OGSA Minutes: WS-Naming

David Snelling David.Snelling at UK.Fujitsu.com
Thu Jan 10 04:01:09 CST 2008

| OGSA Teleconference - January 10, 2008  - WS-Naming
| =========================================================
|
| * Participants
|
|   Dave Snelling [Fujitsu]
|   Hiro Kishimoto [Fujitsu]
|   Andreas Savva [Fujitsu]
|   Andrew Grimshaw [UvA]
|   Steve MacGough [IC]
|   Donnal Fellows [UoM]
|   Ali Anjomshoaa [Mobability]
|
|   Minutes: Dave Snelliing
|
| * Summary of New Actions

	[Andrew] ACTION: Andrew to contact Satoshi Sekiguchi to see if WS-
Naming can be incorporated into DIAS WG.

	[Andrew] ACTION: Find out from Mark how this is supported in Genesis.

	[Andrew and Dave] ACTION: Decide on errata plans.

| * Minutes <<day month>> approved with [changes/no changes]

No minutes to approve.

| * Action Item review

No outstanding Actions.

| * Adoption of WS-Naming.

The spec had a bit to allow the address to hold the EPI. There may be
some problem with the client knowing the location of thi identifier.
There is a separate claim URI for this, so what is the problem?

	[-] ISSUE: Should WS-Naming take action on the EPI in the address.

	No action required.

No action to be taken however.

The Resolver is the key function that UvA has exploited. It is
thought that Frank is doing something with this spec, but we have not
confirmed this. Fujitsu plans to use it in USMT. It seems that DIAS
working group may use this.

	[Andrew] ACTION: Andrew to contact Satoshi Sekiguchi to see if WS-
Naming can be incorporated into DIAS WG.

They don't use it now, but might think about it in future work.

Uptake in industry is dependent on a product or use case requirement.
The fact is that within the enterprise today most relocation is done
with V-LANS and load balancers. So only when distribution is required
across multiple institutions is WS-Naming needed.

Groups like EGEE might be possible targets.

There is a possible enhancement to allow the client to indicate in
requests the service that it understands the WS-Naming protocol. The
problem is this. If the service can satisfy the request, but would
rather redirect further requests. If the service can't tell the
client understands, the service cannot redirect.

	[-] ISSUE: What do we do about a client indicating that it
understands WS-Naming?

	[Andrew] ACTION: Find out from Mark how this is supported in Genesis.

If we do an errata:

	- Add client capability hint.
	- Tidy up EPI Address profile (wrt rebinding).
	- Add Frank to the editors list.

	[Andrew and Dave] ACTION: Decide on errata plans.

| * Sidebar

Andrew summarized the WS-Naming spec.

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Limited
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE