[ogsa-wg] Comments on info/data modeling architecture document

Ellen Stokes stokese at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 6 06:54:17 CST 2008

Hiro,
Yes, let's put this on Thursday agenda.
Ellen

Hiro Kishimoto <hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com>
02/05/2008 11:59 PM

Ellen Stokes/Austin/IBM at IBMUS
cc
ogsa-wg <ogsa-wg at ogf.org>
Subject
Comments on info/data modeling architecture document

Hi Ellen,

Please find the following comments on info/data modeling
architecture document. I am happy to discuss them at Thursday call.

(page 1, line 11)
Copyright should be (c) instead of (r).

(page 1, line 14)
 > OGSA is a registered trademark of the Open Grid Forum.
Should read
OGSA is a registered trademark and service mark of the Open Grid Forum.

(page 1, line 17-19)
Please refer to OGSA architecture v1.5 and glossary v1.6.

(page 3, line 62-65)
> Examples of information models for grid resources are GLUE
> (basic grid compute and storage resources), Basic Execution Service
> (BES), and Job Submission Description Language (JSDL).

I don't think BES and JSDL are information model. Instead they
include information model.

(page 4, line 70-74)
Please refer to Fred's OGSA Modeling guideline.

(glossary, maybe first part of chapter 3)
Since the following terms are widely used in this document, they
should be defined for readability.

- Managed information (or system management information)
- Advertised resource capability
- Activity requirement

In the following sessions, all occurrences should be in bold.

(page 6, line 114)
Session title should be "System management information."

(page 7, line 201)
Session title should be "Advertised resource capability."

(page 14, line 461)
Copyright should be (c) instead of (r).