[ogsa-wg] my review comments on model guidelines doc v13

Ellen Stokes stokese at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 15 17:19:22 CDT 2008

Fred,

Here are my comments on the model guidelines doc v13...nothing major in my
opinion.

- inconsistent use of the words attributes and properties; modify to
use one word or the other throughout the document

- section 2.3:  this is correct at this point in time; however, please
be aware that DMTF (in conjunction with its alliance partners) is
modifying processes to provide the capability of extension through
federation and/or delegation, and this work is expected to complete
this year

- recall that the DMTF structure just changed from WGs and TC to WGs,
SCs, and TC....this needs to be reflected in sections 4.1 and 4.3

- section 4.3:  DMTF is in the process of making a change to its
portal so that attachements can be provided during feedback to the
DMTF; so alternatively (when the portal change is complete) a CR with
an attachment could be submitted using the portal (which is an easy
way to get it to the right group and state that DMTF owns the rights
of the change (alliance partner contributions are also acknowledged
within the MOF/XML and on the CIM release web page)

- the dates in the copyright in the Copyright Notice at the beginning
of the document and in section 10 should say '2006-2008'

- all URLs in the doc should be hyperlinks (found in various sections)

- appendix A:  last bullet should say 'CIM v2.16 experimental'

- any figure/table references in the doc text need to have links to
those referenced figures/tables

Ellen