[ogsa-wg] OGSA Primer Newest Latest draft - v5

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Wed Oct 3 09:05:36 CDT 2007

I am traveling today and tomorrow and will miss this discussion.  I
do intend to contribute something in this area soon.

I think the direction that has been started with the Express Profile,
including work to allow SSL/TLS and possibly Kerberos communications,
as examples, and to allow services to "express" the AuthN methods
that they respect, and can use, is potentially very important, and
with some work, might find real-world use case possibilities in the
not too distant future.  (I realize that this was not the sense of
"express" meant here, but could not resist the pun.)  There are some
projects of which I am aware that could use exactly this feature in
the near future.  SO just wanted to encourage work to continue in
this area.

Alan

On Oct 1, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Duane Merrill wrote:

> Everyone, I have updated the primer document to include a draft of
> Section 3.5: Security.  I realize that it is always tenuous to
> submit a large section to a document hours before it is up for
> review, and I apologize.  If anyone has the time to inspect the new
> section, feedback and suggestions this evening would be fantastic.
> I've uploaded it to Gridforge as v.5 and attached it to this mail
> as well.
>
> Duane

Alan Sill, Ph.D
TIGRE Senior Scientist, High Performance Computing Center
Adjunct Professor of Physics
TTU