[ogsa-wg] Nov 29 - Info Model call minutes

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Thu Nov 29 08:34:33 CST 2007

Michel Drescher ha scritto:
> Folks,
>
> the minutes of the first slot of today's call are available online at:
> https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc14951?nav=1

I apologize for having missed the call. I messed up the start time by
one hour. Some comments to the minutes:

>Ellen expresses her preference for the "three-bubble-diagram"

I understand that the new diagram can be too complex for the purpose of the section.
Coming back to my original OGF comments, the main issue was if we should state, by design, that
"advertised capabilities and activity requirements all rely on the same resource description" (maybe optional for the managed instances model).
This seems to be the way OGF is taking by dropping the JSDL attributes for resource requirements and by moving to XQuery expression against resource representation.

If we agree on this, a new proposal for the diagram that maintains the simplicity but that shows this assumption is attached

>The group agrees that the UML diagram should not be discarded, but
>a proper place has to be found in the architeture document.

>Ellen recommends to use Sergio's UML diagram in the same document,
>for example in chapter 5 or the appendix.

ok, I will work on this

>Michel has been working with Sergio on modelling guidelines for how
>to render the GLUE information model into a GLUE XML Schema data model.

>The rendering and the guidelines are not complete yet, but the discussions
>revolve around the usability in XPATH and XQuery expressions.

the current rendering is aligned with the current GLUE Spec. We can work on adding examples of representation of resources and XQuery/XPath expressions

Cheers, Sergio