[ogsa-wg] use case template

Geoffrey Fox gcf at grids.ucs.indiana.edu
Sat Mar 17 06:08:42 CST 2007

As you gather requirements, I would suggest looking at several mashups
and the new generation of (workflow) tools they are supported by such as
http://www.protosw.com/ (which offer an ipod a day in their mashup
building contest) and Yahoo pipes http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/. A
trivial discussion of mashups versus workflow is at
http://grids.ucs.indiana.edu/ptliupages/presentations/Web20Mar04-07.ppt

I am known for following fads too much but I think the rather complex
web service workflow will face increasing competition from Mashup
technology with its naturally larger customer and developer base.

Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
> Re our workflow use case discussion of 3/14 am
>
> http://forge.ogf.org/sf/docman/do/downloadDocument/projects.ogsa-wg/docman.root.meeting_materials_and_minutes.interim_meetings.ogsa_17_2007_march/doc14317/1
>
> Here's the template I propose for use cases:
>
> Title
>    Keywords
>    Goal and description
>    Actors/stakeholders
>    Assumptions
>    Preconditions
>    Main flow of events (Basic, alternate, exceptional)
>    Postconditions
>    Success requirements
>    Special Requirements
>    Issues
>    Sources/references
>    OGF sponsor/stakeholder/interested party
>
> --

:
: Geoffrey Fox  gcf at indiana.edu FAX 8128567972 http://www.infomall.org
: Phones Cell 812-219-4643 Home 8123239196 Lab 8128567977
: SkypeIn 812-669-0772 with voicemail, International cell 8123910207