[ogsa-wg] Announcing Reference Model WG

Strong, Paul pstrong at ebay.com
Mon Mar 12 14:33:47 CST 2007

All,

Following the Birds of a Feather meeting at OGF19 and approval by the
GFSG last week, we are delighted to announce the creation of the
Reference Model Working Group of the OGF.  This group will build on the
OGSA Glossary and the EGA Reference Model, a model that allows the
description of grids (services and resources) and how they can be
managed, in terms of an intuitive set of components, relationships and
life cycles.  We will be formalizing this work in UML, comparing and
mapping to extant OGF and external standards, and exploring additional
representations (RDF/OWL) and serializations (RDFXML, SML etc.).  More
details about our goals can be found at
http://www.ogf.org/gf/group_info/view.php?group=rm-wg.

For those of you who are interested please do join the working group.
You can subscribe to the email alias here -
http://www.ogf.org/mailman/listinfo/rm-wg, or access the project in
GridForge here - http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/projects/rm-wg.

Our first meeting will be by telephone conference call on Weds 21 March
2007, at 3PM GMT, 8AM PDT, 11AM EDT (Note US daylight savings has kicked
in earlier this year).  Call in details will be on the group Wiki here -
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.rm-wg/wiki/HomeP
age.

We look forward to your joining us for what promises to be and
interesting and challenging project!

Regards

David Snelling and Paul Strong

Co-Chairs, Reference Model Working Group