[ogsa-wg] Ethnographic Study of the OGSA-WG

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Sun Mar 4 08:15:01 CST 2007

Hi all,

As many of you already know, OGSA-WG was approached by a researcher in
the department of sociology at the University of Chicago. He asked
us to participate in an ethnographic study of the standards building
process.

His profile and the latest proposal is on the wiki page:
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1717

I spoke with him in detail to understand his intent and expected
output and believe it is in our best interest to allow him to proceed
with his study. He will provide anonymous information about voluntary
based grass root culture that may help us become more productive and
increase participant satisfaction in the future.

The OGF Board and GFSG has already given permission and I want to ask
for all OGSA-WG members' permission to allow this study to occur. It
is almost one year study he will join our F2F meetings and telephone
conferences. I believe it is very non-obtrusive in nature. If at any
time we would like to stop his observation, we just tell him. He will
stop and continue at a later date, or stop altogether.

Although there is no objection against his study at the last Thursday
call, based on our common practice, I will ask on the mailing list if
any of you have any concerns, please let me know by email by the next
Friday, March 9th.

Hearing none, I will give him the green light to proceed.

Best Regard,