[ogsa-wg] [OGSA-AUTHZ] [ogsa-authn-bof] Notes from Joint OGSA WG AuthN/AuthZ call

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Wed Jun 27 09:05:21 CDT 2007

Hi Tom

Tom Scavo wrote:

> Not sure why you're so concerned about statement types.  An X.509
> Binding for SAML Assertions does care much about the payload.  (First
> we have to specify *how* to bind, then we can talk about *what* :)

The reason being that the SAML Authz statement is now acknowledged to be
deficient and we will formally deprecate it once the XACML request
context replaces it

regards

David

> Tom

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
The Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
Skype Name: davidwchadwick
Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
Fax +44 1227 762 811
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184