[ogsa-wg] [OGSA-D-WG] Definition of "data service"

Natale, Bob RNATALE at mitre.org
Tue Jul 24 23:48:46 CDT 2007

> Crudely put, an "XYZ service" is a service that manipulates 1 or more
"XYZ resources".

Hmmm.  I'd say that an "XYZ service" provides one or more "XZY
capabilities", and those capabilities might manipulate one or more
resources (including other services) from diverse domains (i.e.,
including other than "XYZ").

I could agree with the statement that, in an SOA, every resource will
have at least one service whose primary (and perhaps sole) capability
is to provide access to that resource.

Dave Berry's latest posting of the current defs comes pretty close to
matching what I mean/understand by the above.

Cheers,
BobN