[ogsa-wg] Link to OGF Errata process

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Jul 10 21:13:51 CDT 2007

Thanks Andreas,

 > Following up on the discussion we had on the Glossary call the proposed
 > OGF Errata process is available on the OGF Editor project:
 >   https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/projects/ggf-editor

The topics we've discussed at the call are;
(a) Revising Data Service section (3.5 page 28-36) reflecting
     recent development of OGSA-data WG's data architecture
     document. and,
(b) Adding new reference model section reflecting consolidation
     discussion with reference model WG.

They are obviously not either (1) Editorial fixes or (2) Minor
technical fixes defined by Greg's errata process. Thus they fall
in (3) Major technical fixes category.

The OGF Editor suggests two options;
> there will need to be a decision whether to fix the document, or
> instead seek to write an updated document that will obsolete the old
> document.  This decision will be made in cooperation with authors/
> editors, the OGF Editor, the cognizant area directors, and GFSG
> (others as needed).

Although the Editor allows errata process for Major technical fixes,
I prefer to write an new version of the document since proposed
modifications, (a) and (b), are improvements but not *error* at all.

Just my two cents. Thanks,