[ogsa-wg] Updated Express AuthN Profile docs

Blair Dillaway blaird at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 2 16:51:44 CDT 2007

Duane Merrill wrote:
> A question for the group: Would it be a good idea to also profile a
> Kerberos message-level binding assertion policy within the

It might be a good idea and provide value to the community. Before we decide, I think we need to get a better sense of how important a new Kerberos interoperability profile is from the people who deploy and/or provide solutions for organizational grids where Kerberos is already present. If you're in one of these categories, your input would be appreciated.

Are there specific grid scenarios where supporting a Kerberos message authentication option is critical?
Do you feel the existing OASIS "Web Services Security Kerberos Token Profile v1.1" specification an adequate basis for grid web services interoperability?

Regards,
Blair Dillaway