[ogsa-wg] OGSA message broker service

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Wed Jan 24 08:08:32 CST 2007

Hi,

for what its worth: the SAGA groups are in the process of
defining a message exchange API, which allows a range of
modes: reliable/unreliable, message bus/point to point,
correctness verified/unverified, and ordered/unordered.

The target use case for this API is the exchange of _large_
and _unstructured_ messages (think megabytes or gigabytes),
so thats probably a very different scenario than OGSA thinks
about (?).  Anyway, it might be useful to syncronize in
terms of terminology and paradigms.

I'd be happy to give you some details of the SAGA message
API at OGF19, if you have interest.  The API is in flux, but
is expected to stabilize during the next 3 weeks or so.

Cheers, Andre,

Quoting [Djaoui, A (Abdeslem)] (Jan 24 2007):