[ogsa-wg] Service Modeling Language (SML) educational section

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Fri Jan 12 09:30:22 CST 2007

Hi all,

In July 2006, Microsoft, IBM, HP, Intel and several other companies
have published "service modeling language (SML)." This is a XML based
language specification and expected to be used to model complex IT
services and systems, including their structure, constraints, policies,
and best practices. SML is based on a profile on XML Schema and
Schematron.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/dsi/serviceml.mspx

This spec is still proprietary and authors are going to submit it
to one of SDOs maybe early this year (Q1).

Heather Kreger, one of authors, will provide one hour educational
session. This session is *not* OGSA nor OGF session. They will explain
but no feedback allowed unless we sign a contributer agreement form.