[ogsa-wg] Security Web Service Specifications

Nate Klingenstein ndk at internet2.edu
Mon Feb 26 16:56:09 CST 2007

Everyone,

I mentioned on the call today that the Liberty Alliance effort has
defined ID-WSF, a web services framework for identity management
functions that may be useful to OGSA.  It allows for fairly powerful
identity management and integrates well with SAML and others.

http://www.projectliberty.org/resource_center/specifications/
liberty_alliance_id_wsf_2_0_specifications

I think it's also worth taking some time to analyze WS-Trust, a
specification that intends to generalize security token exchange.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/ws-trust/

I'll just set these out for informational purposes right now without
making any particular recommendations.  These could both feed into
profiling efforts surrounding WS-Security and WS-SecureConversation.
As you read this, I'd ask you to please keep a mental distinction
between protocol and token format.

Thanks for your time,
Nate.