[ogsa-wg] FW: GT4 GSI documentation

Karl Czajkowski karlcz at univa.com
Thu Feb 22 04:31:04 CST 2007

On Feb 22, Andrew Grimshaw modulated:
> All,
>
> Recall last week I took an action to ask Ian for info on the post-WS GT
> security documentation. Here is Ian’s response. I took a quick look and
> found a rich description of the API’s, but have been unsuccessful so
> far finding the wire format schema.  The overview is a good starting
> point.

Andrew, the wire formats are as defined in the external standards
referenced on Page 1 of the overview PDF document:

WS-Security and WS-SecureConversation for message-level security
(individually signed SOAP messages)

13. IBM, et al., Web Services Secure Conversation Language (WS-
    SecureConversation) Version 1.0, December 18.

15. IBM, Microsoft, and VeriSign, Web Services Security Language
(WS-Security),

TLS with X.509 proxy certificates for transport-level security
(plain SOAP messages over a TLS socket)

5. Dierks, T. and C. Allen, The TLS Protocol Version 1.0,
   http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2246.txt

karl

--
Karl Czajkowski