[ogsa-wg] Proposed agenda for Feb. 15th call

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Feb 14 09:11:06 CST 2007

Hi all,

The following is a proposed agenda for OGSA-WG telecon on Feb. 15th
Thursday from 7am - 9am (CST). We subdivide the call into two 1 hour
slots.

Michel Drescher, workflow design team co-lead, cannot make
this Thursday, thus workflow session will be postponed.

Frank Siebenlist and Takuya Mori, authors of BSP core, will discuss
Blair's comment from *8:30-9am* CT. We will use the 2nd slot for
this.

See the following wiki page for telecon structure.
- https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1703

Dial-in numbers for Thursday:
   Free: +1-888-452-0308
   Intl/Toll: +(210) 234-7446
   PIN:  71815
   See more information:
   - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1477

Screen share service will be provided.
   Session key: 0215
   See more explanation:
   https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1584

<SLOT 1: STARTS 7am; ENDS 8am>

1) Early discussion (10 min)
         Note taker assignment
         Roll call
         Agenda bashing

2) Security discussion (Alan Sill and Andrew Grimshaw 50 min)
         OGF19 security session minutes approval
         - https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc14164
         Security action item review

> - Develop basic, short-term use-cases  || MUST manage scope creep
>   (Andrew Grimshaw)
> - Develop profile to supprt use-cases  || MUST manage scope creep
>   (Andrew Grimshaw)
> - Refine profile for username/password in OGSA context
>   (Alan Sill)
> - Complete OGSA-AuthN roadmap
>   (Alan Sill)
> - Glossary
> - Develop richer use-cases and extract requirements
>   (Hiro Kishimoto)

         OGSA-AuthN-WG forming status update

<SLOT 2: STARTS 8:30am; ENDS 9am>

3) Blair's comments on BSP core discussion (Frank and Takuya, 30 min)

> I actually have a more general concern that OGSA-BSP-Core and
> OGSA-BSP-SC contain language indicating that SC is to be used in
> conjunction with Core. But, there is no explanation as to what this
> actually means. I can see value in the mechanism defined by Core for
> discovering a service ERP and public key, particularly if one is
> using message level security(WS-Security). This provides the
> knowledge needed to encrypt a request message to the service without
> having to perform a separate negotiation protocol such as defined by
> WS-SecureChannel. But, if I'm using TLS/SSL channel security then
> service authentication, and the service public key, are based on its
> X.509 certificate. Neither TLS or SSL have any notion of requiring
> correspondence of the X.509 subject key to a key discovered
> out-of-band by an application. Perhaps you can add language to the SC
> specification indicating how these are to be used together.

4) Wrap up (10 min)
         AOB

<*NEXT CALL*>
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1477

Feb. 19 (Mon) 4-5pm: Roadmap (Chris Jordan)
               5-6pm: Information Modeling (Ellen Stokes)
Feb. 22 (Thu) 7-8am: EMS Arch scenarios (Andreas Savva)
               8-9am: Logistics (Hiro Kishimoto)
Feb. 26 (Mon) 4-5pm: Security (Alan and Andrew)
               5-6pm: Logistics (Hiro Kishimoto)

<*ACTION ITEMS*>
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1569