[ogsa-wg] EMS Architecture Scenarios v1.0+

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Thu Aug 9 04:53:45 CDT 2007

Hi Steve,

Steven Newhouse wrote:
> [...]
> Generally, having scenarios in the current version of the document using specs
> that are not developing and/or not going to be adopted is a concern to me. There
> is IMHO a clear benefit in having these sequence diagrams to inform other groups
> & incorporate their thinking into a single cohesive document. This should be one
> of our principals for future versions – not to expand into a massive sequence
> diagram repository but to keep a narrow focus on incremental scenarios in the
> EMS space. This would be a useful reference for many groups and help to show how
> the work going on in individual WGs fits together.

I agree to that. It would also actually help keeping scope creep out of the
involved Working Groups.

I am not a UML guy, but I was wondering whether it is possible to
draw/incorporate some sort of interface boundary between the "umbrella" EPS
sequence diagrams, and the sequence diagrams that clearly belong to the WGs
that solve a specific problem, i.e. OGSA-DMI, OGSA-BES, OGSA-RSS (which
actually covers two topics w/ interfaces - CSG and EPS). This would vice
versa keep the scope of EMS to some sort of "glue" sticking all the
individual parts together.

Regarding your initial list of 4 topics, I would consider #2, #3 and #4
prime topics of EMS 1.0+, and #1 more of an issue for the OGSA-RSS group,
which needs some man power here I guess.

Cheers,
Michel