[ogsa-wg] Glossary terms for Thursday's call

Treadwell, Jem jem.treadwell at hp.com
Wed Apr 11 10:49:32 CDT 2007

HI,

I've uploaded version 4 of the glossary - this version includes the
changes for deployment and provisioning, as agreed at the last
discussion.  You'll find it at http://tinyurl.com/2mo6r3.

For Thursday's call I propose to discuss the following terms, as time
permits

o        State.  We had discussed this, and Jay has an action to improve
the current proposal.  So far I haven't had a proposal from Jay, but we
need to put this one to bed, so we'll have a brief discussion and if we
don't have a better proposal at the meeting I'll go with what we have.
There will be an opportunity to improve this or any term in the final
review.

o        Resource, Grid component, and Service.  We had definitions for
Resource and Service in both the OGSA and the EGA glossaries, so we need
to produce a consolidated definition.  Grid component comes from the EGA
glossary.  I've condensed it from the original, but (hopefully) haven't
changed its meaning.

Rather than reproduce these terms here please take a look at the
working/discussion document, which you'll find at
http://tinyurl.com/23a6zd.  These are the first four terms listed, and
the text you'll find is a starting point for discussion. If you have
comments and you're not going to make tomorrow's meeting, please pass
them on to me; otherwise I'll follow up after the meeting with revised
text for review.

Thanks!

- Jem

Jem Treadwell
Software Engineer

HP Software
856.638.6021 office | 856.638.6190 fax | jem.treadwell at hp.com
6000 Irwin Road | Mount Laurel | NJ 08054
www.hp.com/go/software

  <http://www.hp.com/go/software>