[ogsa-wg] Experiences Document

Mark Morgan mmm2a at virginia.edu
Fri Sep 8 14:05:09 CDT 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Recently I was asked by members of the BES working group to describe some of
the work that we (the VCGR group at Uva) have been doing on a project we
call Genesis II.  Specifically, the work is grid technology based on
existing and emerging web and OGF standards and is of particular interest to
BES because it uses WS-Naming and "proto"-RNS to easy job management and
control.  However, it's also relevant to ByteIO in so much as it also
contains an implementation of some of the ByteIO port types and talks about
possible uses for promoting better grid control and usability as well.
Later I was asked by Hiro on the OGSA telecon about this as well, so here is
a paper that I wrote which details experiences creating, and motivation
behind Genesis II.  The document contains more information than just the
RNS/ByteIO/BES interactions, but those are included as well.  This paper is
in draft form and has been assigned a University of Virginia, Computer
Science Department Tech. Report number of "CS-2006-16".  Until the link for
that comes up, but draft paper is available off of the VCGR web page at
http://vcgr.cs.virginia.edu/genesisII/documents/GenII-Experience.pdf.

-Mark

--
Mark Morgan