[ogsa-wg] Glossary terms: enterprise, enterprise computing and e-Science

Treadwell, Jem jem.treadwell at hp.com
Mon Oct 30 15:33:11 CST 2006

Hi, thanks for all the comments.  As there were a couple of separate threads I've combined them into a single summary below.

I've uploaded a new version of the discussion document to http://tinyurl.com/ygd6mm.  This is for (brief) discussion on today's call, and I'll send out an update tomorrow for those interested.

Thanks,

- Jem

====== Donal Fellows =========

====== Toshi Nakata =============

Hi:
> In EGR-RG, we decided that it would  become very difficult to

Sorry 'decided' is too strong a word.
When the RG began it had been too difficult to agree on so
the general concensus was to look into see what applications are deployed in Enteprises (Grids).

Best Regards

Toshi

Hello:
I have not been active in OGSA but, I do participate in EGR-RG (Enterprise Grid Requirements) RG
so my two cents' comments.

> · Operation of enterprise applications such as CRM and ERP.

How about numerically intensive applications used in the enterprises such as
Cirucuit simulation, financial calculations such as Risk analysis?

In EGR-RG, we decided that it would  become very difficult to draw a line, so
have made no definitions on the bounds of applications themselves
Best Regards
Toshi
-----
Toshiyuki Nakata 中田 登志之
Executive Chief Engineer, Central Research Lab. NEC
1753, Shimonumabe, Nakahara-Ku,
Kawasaki,Kanagawa 211-8666,Japan
Tel +81-44-431-7653 (NEC Internal 22-60035)
Fax +81-44-431-7609 (NEC Internal 22-60509)

============ Hiro Kishimoto ============